Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019-2020 for Girl Child
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019 – Applications are open for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child funded by Union Government of India. The scholarship is open to the applicants who are applying for undergraduate and postgraduate programs in any field of their choice.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019
Aspirants who want to avail the Indira Gandhi Scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate students 2019 opportunity, they have to visit the official website mentioned beneath the segment of this page and have to fill complete Indira Gandhi Scholarship online application form. So, read to the end.
Level/ Field of Study
This Indira Gandhi Scholarship for undergraduate and post-graduate programs is open to students in any field of their choice.
This Indira Priyadarshini Scholarship is to be taken in INDIA
The scholarship is available to INDIAN NATIONALS to further their education.
The scholarship allows the applicant the opportunity to further their studies. it is a full scholarship. Value of Scholarship is Rs.2000/- per month for a period of two years only
Objective Of the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Union Government of India has planned out the scheme to uplift the status of women by supporting the postgraduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses only and by recognizing the value of observance of a small family norm.
Target Group For The PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
This scholarship is a single child scholarship. Therefore, only those girl students who are admitted to various non-professional PG courses in Universities/Colleges and happen to be the only girl child in the family without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters/fraternal daughter may also apply for a scholarship under the aforesaid scheme.
Eligibility for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Undergraduates
To apply for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship for undergraduates, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- A female aspirant who will be a single girl child of her parents will be eligible to apply for the concern.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college.
- This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only. Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
Eligibility for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Postgraduate
To apply for the PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship, applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- The girl must be the only girl in the family.
- She needs a student who has finished class 10 at the CBSE board and the total cost of level 11 and 12 will be covered by this program.
- The reference can also be extended to students who have completed grade 12 from the same board.
The grant applies to students who are in general or vocational training.
Age limits for the UGC Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Applicants for this scholarship should not exceed 30 years at the time of admission for the PG courses.
Selection Process For the Gandhi Scholarship 2019
Selection would be made by the Expert committee as per the procedure of the commission. Result in respect of the list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in.
Details for the Indira Gandhi Fellowship
Selected 3000 girls for the above-declared scheme will obtain a number of Rs.36,200/- year as a fellowship amount which is provided by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship.
Who are not Eligible to Apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019?
- If any Deemed University is not getting any grant from Government or UGC then its students cannot apply.
- If no college is getting help from the state or center government then its students cannot also apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child.
- Aspirants pursuing PG in distance mode will not eligible to apply.
Nature of Assistance Available Under the Scheme
- The total number of slots for scholarships may be decided every year on the basis of eligible application correct in all respects, received through online mode against the advertisement to be published in National Dailies as well as on the UGC website.
- Simultaneously, the award letter will also be uploaded on the UGC website which may be downloaded with the respective ID generated at the time of processing of the submission of their application form through online mode.
- It is expected from the institutions where the student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities/Colleges/Institutions covered under UGC Act.
- Value of Scholarship is Rs.2000/- per month for a period of two years only (10 months in the year) i.e. full duration of a PG course.
How Apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The UGC Indira Gandhi Scholarship is currently not on. However, when it’s ongoing, the following steps should be followed:
- Willing aspirants need to firstly log on to the official website of University Grant Commission that is gov.in.
- Scroll down the home page and hit on “UGC Schemes” tab.
- A drop-down list will be opened at your screen from where you have to select “PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child” link.
- Select “guidelines” tab written in front of the above-given link.
- Read all the provided instruction carefully and then select “apply now” button available on the page.
- Enter the ID and password to log in and then press the “login” button.
- Now, fill the Indira Gandhi Scholarship online application form with correct details.
- Upload copies of your documents (if applicable).
- Then save and continue.
- Lastly, submit your details within a given time.
- At last, download duly filled the application form and take the print out a copy of it to avoid any trouble in the future.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship >> Apply From Here
Hit Here >> New Student
Press Here >> Register Here
Documents To Be Submitted for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Candidate should upload scanned copies of an affidavit on Rs.50/-stamp paper duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazetted Officer.
- Copy of Joining report from College/University where the student has taken admission to 1st year Post Graduation course.
The application form should be filled correctly otherwise, the organization has full authority to cancel it.
Last Date to Apply Online for this Indira Gandhi single girl child scholarship for Ph.D. students 2019is normally dated for the 30th of November.
Join Our Readers Online Now!
♦ Follow US on Instagram for LATEST UPDATE