Gov. Matawalle accuses ex-gov Yari of sponsoring insecurity in Zamfara state

Gov. Matawalle accuses ex-gov Yari of sponsoring insecurity in Zamfara state

Zamfara State governor, Bello Mohammed Matawalle yesterday alleged that ex-governor of the state, Abdulaziz Abubakar Yari and his supporters were disrupting the peace process initiated by his administration.

The governor specifically accused the former governor of the state of allegedly instigating his thugs against coordinated security arrangements in the state.

Details of the accusation are contained in a statement signed by the Director-General Press Affairs, Yusuf Idris, and made available to the press.

According to the statement, governor Matawalle wondered why Yari is reportedly not happy with the peace so far recorded by the current administration.

The governor spoke on Thursday when he received arms voluntarily surrendered by a repentant bandit at the Government House, Gusau.

According to the statement, the governor had sent a serious warning to people peddling lies and posting false pictures on social media to distract his administration from addressing security challenges in the State.

It said the Governor gave the warning at Government House, while receiving eight Ak47 rifles, one pistol and 12 rounds of ammunition voluntarily surrendered to the state government by one of the repentant bandits named Saleh Kawajo Kuyambana.

Governor Matawalle, however, said that his government was going to take drastic action against anyone found in the act of peddling lies or posting pictures that are not a true reflection of incidents and happenings in any part of the state.

He vowed to arrest and prosecute anybody found in such acts no matter how highly placed such persons or groups are in the society.

Governor Matawalle said he observed that this was the third time the former Governor would visit the State since he left power, stressing that it has always been followed by serious security breaches, pointing out that it was too much of coincidences and so blamed it on the unlawful gathering that the former Governor always organized.

He explained that security is the responsibility of all and wondered why the ex-governor and his followers are not happy with the significant improvement of security in the state.

The statement reports that Matawalle who was billed to travel to Germany for on investment drive cancelled his trip following the unfortunate incident in Karaye village of Gummi Local Government Area, which resulted in the loss of 14 innocent souls.

Matawalle reassured the state that he will not compromise or allow some failed politicians to destroy the state and the peace it has achieved.

Sending
User Review
0 (0 votes)

You May Also Like

About the Author: Certified Ak

I’m a passionate web-developer/blogger living in Porto Novo, Benin Republic. I love to share information happenings from various sources around the world. I and my TEAM created Pulzenaija.com to serve as a platform of sharing quality, credible and dependable information regarding various happenings around the world.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

css.php
>