Energy Jobs in Nigeria for Full-Time and Part-time 2019
Energy Jobs in Nigeria – The energy sector is a vital industry for all economies worldwide. With growing populations and increased pressure to reduce carbon emissions. This article provides detailed information on part-time and full-time energy jobs in Nigeria.
Energy Jobs in Nigeria
Full-Time Energy Jobs in Nigeria
1. Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Job type: Full Time
Complete Energy Audits and create load profiles for residential and commercial customers across Nigeria. Be technically sound. Understand electrical wiring & circuitry, solar & battery technology, and generators systems. Ability to Install solar, battery, generators and AC’s at sites across Nigeria Maintains PPE and ensures site safety
- Produces daily reports achievement
- Ensures customer satisfaction
- Serves as the first line of contact for client complaints
- Develop and coach technical staff to meet company objectives within Nigeria;
- Introduce best-engineering practices in the company to ensure it is at the forefront of innovation and good management practices
- Review technological trends in the local and global energy sector;
- OND (Technician) or HND/Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Preferably Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical
- Must be proud of your work, take ownership, and be passionate about the quality of workmanship
- Must have prior experience installing and or maintaining solar systems and generators
- At least 1 year of direct field experience
- Work well in a team environment & have good communication skills
- Flexible to travel domestically and Internationally
2. Job Title: Electrical and System Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
System Engineer to analyzes the Customer requirements, match Customer needs with Product and Service offerings, design the System for specific projects, participate in the implementation and commissioning of the System as well as in follow-on Customer support.
- Study and analyze Customer requirements in the context of specific RES projects Match Customer requirements with the offered products and services
- Work closely with the Field Implementation team Conceptualize and design the overall system architecture in terms of plant network, plant control, and data acquisition functions as well as Internet access.
- Interact with the Customer technical teams for detailed engineering and design.
- Configure the System and contribute to the onsite System Commissioning and troubleshooting Implement the Internet access solution Provide remote as well as onsite support to the System after the commissioning Renewables Energy Plants Monitoring,
- Control and Telecommunications
- University Degree and MSC in Electrical Engineering or similar faculties Good understanding of Telecom Systems, Internet access, Communications, Ethernet & IP networking understanding of Control and Automation technologies, Power grids, Renewables and Storage would be an important plus Good experience (5years) in electrical engineering, ethernet and IP networks, and communications.
- Field implementation, commissioning and acceptance testing of such systems. Good knowledge of Office Tools and CAD willing to travel for meeting Customers and Partners as well as for onsite works Excellent professional knowledge of English.
3. Job Title: Site Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
The facilities and maintenance engineer is to organize and control all the activities in the site/region, managing the contractors during construction as well as managing the infrastructure after commissioning to retain the integrity of the system, enhance performance and exceed client expectations in the service delivery.
- Implement all electrical design aspects of company research and development projects. Oversee maintenance, testing, and repair of company-owned electrical equipment.
- Perform site visits on new project opportunities to determine the available site power, and utility/facility constraints, collect information regarding construction permits, evaluate potential site support contractors, and assist with the preparation of cost estimates.
- Assist with instrumentation and control system design. Develop and/or modify configuration programs, logic diagrams, develop specifications and/or QC subcontractor-prepared programs.
- Implement point-point wiring diagrams and select components for company-built control panels.
- Implement design specifications and functional requirements for solar energy systems or components and Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities as designed for the specific site.
- Minimum of BSc/HND in Electrical Engineering from a reputable institution.
- 3- 5 years’ experience in Electrical engineering role
- Experience with Inverters and Solar panels is compulsory
- A candidate is expected to consistently display strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a detail-oriented, time manager with the ability to meet deadlines and focus on project schedules.
- Must possess organizational, and self-management skills, as lots of remote work would be required.
4. Job Title: Energy Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The Energy Specialist reports to the FAO Representative (FAOR) in Nigeria under the direct supervision of the Deputy FAOR based in Maiduguri. She/He will work closely with the Head of Programme and in close collaboration with national and international consultants in the project team, The Energy Specialist will focus on the issue of Safe Access to Fuel and Energy (SAFE), both on the energy demand and energy supply side.
- Support the development and implementation, of energy-related activities in the FAO Northeast Nigeria program, including support to recently established fuel-efficient cookstove production centers, to distribution campaigns of fuel-efficient cookstoves
- Contribute to the development, monitoring, evaluation, and capitalization of Community-Based Forestry Management interventions
- Contribute to effective and timely Post-Distribution Monitoring and evaluation of energy-related activities
- Support the set-up of pilot interventions for alternative/innovative energy technologies, such as briquetting, biogas, etc.
- Master’s degree in Energy, Environmental Science and/or Sustainable Development.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the field of energy, environmental science and/or sustainable development.
- Working experience in humanitarian settings is desirable.
- Knowledge of Hausa, Kanuri will be an asset.
- Good knowledge of the energy situation in the Northeast States of Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe
- Experience in implementation of energy-related activities in an emergency setting
- Experience in community-based and participatory approaches
5. Job Title: OSV Captain/Master
Job Type: Full Time
Masters have the overall command and authority for navigation and operation of the vessel. Representing BINL with the Charterer and have full responsibility for the vessel and the crew, their highest priority is a safety at all times.
- Commands and operates a vessel in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Responsible for the seaworthiness of the vessel
- Ensure that there is a smooth operational relationship with all clients
- Train and coach chief officer and the deck team in all aspects of ships command with special emphasis on man
- Above mentioned list of duties is not exhaustive and tasks on board vessels assigned to this position are not limited to the above list.
- Minimum of 5 years exp. in Anchor handling/towing/rig move operation
- At least 12 months as Master
- Must meet all Manilla 2010 STCW certificate requirements
- Candidate must have DP Unlimited, Master II/2 license,
- Minimum of 5 years exp. in towing/rig move operation
- 12months as Master,
- Must possess STCW Master II/2 license,
Part-time Energy Jobs in Nigeria
6. Job Title: Energy Consultant
Job Type: Part-Time
Energy Consultants will take an entrepreneurial approach to their assigned territories and are expected to host educational events, attend/work at industry trade and home shows, and join networking groups in their communities.
- Follow‐up with leads from multiple sources
- Prospect for and qualify self‐generated leads
- Analyze client energy usage and determine financial return on investment
- Conduct site evaluations for potential customers w/rough system design
- Accurately bid systems for our customers
- Meet or exceed sales targets
- Negotiate contracts
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Home improvement sales mandatory
- Experience with grid‐tied solar electric installation, design, or sales preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
- Experience performing financial calculations (ROI, IRR, etc…)
- Self-starter and process oriented
7. Job Title: Technical Consultant
Job Type: Part-time
Technical Consultants – Part Time to join its ChemStaff division for consulting services. In this position, you will provide technical expert solutions for engineering, chemistry, laboratory, and environmental issues. Y
our services will support the on-going issues around program optimizations, asset management, data quality, and control, performance improvements, project management, problem-solving/troubleshooting, and leveraging digital solutions.
- Technically challenging work
- Comradery with highly talented consultants
- Flexible, independent work environments
- Support from a dedicated technical service team
- The culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Feel proud each day to work for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of field technical support experience
- Reliable transportation to work at customer sites.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial) or life sciences (biology, chemistry, etc.)
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
8. Job Title: Renewable Energy Analyst
Job Type: Part-Time
Atlas Renewable Power offers an entry-level full-time position to assist with solar and battery energy storage development and related consulting services in the renewable energy industry. This position will assist with market analysis and research, site identification and acquisition, interconnection, permitting, and proposal preparation.
Market and financial analysis
• Monitor regulatory requirements for renewable energy projects
• Conduct desktop searches for potential project sites using Google Earth
• Establish and maintain a site selection database
• Assist with acquisition of options, leases, and easements with landowners
• Assist in developing a proactive client acquisition strategy
Must be a highly personable self-starter
• Ability to work remotely or in person when needed
• Detail oriented
• Strong project management skills to maintain progress on multiple ongoing projects with multiple clients
• Ability to prioritize tasks and juggle competing deadlines effectively
• Proficiency in Google Earth and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of SmartSheet or ArcGIS a plus
• An understanding of real estate acquisition contract terms and strong negotiation skills are a plus
9. Job Title: Solar Energy Consultant
Job Type: Part-Time
- Represent Home ReNu and its mission with the utmost integrity and passion
- Self-generate new business and participate in the sales cycle from initial contact to install
- Design systems face to face with homeowners using a consultative approach
- Close deals in client homes
- Analyze customers’ current/future electrical usage and design a system based on data collected.
- Present the benefit of solar to homeowners, and close deals on these bases: home value increase, ROI, Rebates, Customer-owned systems vs. Lease/PPA options, Sale and Push the value of our products.
- Motivation and a high degree of professionalism
- Work with a minimal amount of supervision
- Successful track record of exceeding sales targets, building a new book of business and growing a market
- Customer service skills required
- An outgoing individual who enjoys social settings
- Comfortable with in-home presentations
- Must have an entrepreneurial personality
10. Job Title; Engineering Interns
Job Type: Part-Time
An Engineering Intern must be able to exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work. Light work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree, such as walking 3 to 6 miles in a few hours. You must be able to climb ladders, access roofs, and access narrow mechanical rooms.
- Data collection
- Data analysis
- Excel Files
- Word documents
- PowerPoint presentations
- Report writing
- Other related duties
Must be an incoming high school senior to the incoming second year of college, and have taken Engineering courses or have Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering as a major. Engineering courses that addressed Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Energy Engineering or had a CADD component or programming are a plus.
The position requires:
- Good computer skills
- Eagerness to learn
- Ability to review data
- Ability to write complicated technical reports
- Ability to work independently
Join Our Readers Online Now!
♦ Follow US on Instagram for LATEST UPDATE